GSA Schedule & Hubzone Combination
GSA Schedule holders that also have a Hubzone Certification receive 2.6 Times the business on average as same Schedule holders who do not have Hubzone Certifications. This is because Federal Agencies Budgetary Target is 3% for Hubzone Certified Firms. Some agencies make this target while other agencies are unable to attain this budget goal. The overall average spend with Hubzone Firms is 2.34% of government wide spending or $10.1 Billion. Hubzone Firms on the GSA Schedule account for over 6.3% of procurement through this mechanism. A large portion of this advantage is because Hubzone Certified Firms have a 10% cost advantage over non-Hubzone Certified Firms giving them the double win.
Information Regarding GSA Schedule
A GSA Schedule Program establishes long-term government-wide contracts with commercial businesses. Here are some quick facts about the GSA:
1. 19,000+ contract holders are on the GSA.
2. Average contract holder does over $2.5 Million per year.
3. 80% of contract holders are small businesses.
4. 40% of small businesses on the GSA are woman owned and the government has a goal of purchasing 5% of all contracts to women-owned small businesses.
5. 6%+ of all GSA Schedules procurement dollars are spent with Hubzone Certified Firms. 3% is the target for the Federal Government.
6. A GSA Contract can be issued in 14 days, compared with an average of over 250+ days for conventional government contracts.
Small businesses have the ability to dramatically increase their revenue by getting listed on a GSA Schedule. As a requirement for a GSA Schedule the company must also get listed on GSA Advantage. This gives the company added exposure and puts the company on one of the largest online shopping malls in the world. The size of GSA Advantage is because the GSA manages 25% of the US Governments total procurement dollars.
To find out more information regarding obtaining a GSA Schedule visit gsaschedulecontract.net